FLEX TEAM STAFFING AND OUR GROWING STEEL PRODUCT FABRICATOR COMPANY
IS LOOKING FOR AN EXPERIENCED SHIPPING, COORDINATOR.
1st SHIFT IS 8:00 AM – 5:00 PM WITH FLEXIBILITY IN YOUR SCHEDULE TO WORK OVER
- Position reports to the CFO and works closely with the Production Planner, Quality Control Inspector, Receiving and Shipping dock Personnel and Shop Floor Supervisors.
- Supports the sales team by providing freight estimates and advising of transportation durations.
- Prepares paper work for shipments by gathering and reviewing Shop Travelers, Purchase Orders, proposals, specifications, and related documents.
- Responsible for making arrangements for pick up by the carrier specified on the customer’s purchase order, which is conveyed to the shipping clerk.
- Creates all shipping documentation for each shipment.
- Identifies freight cost and scheduling requirements by soliciting proposals from potential carriers.
- Maintains records of shipping activity by maintaining data logs and updating ERP system.
- Denotes shipments as partial or complete and updates paperwork and ERP system accordingly.
- Negotiates rates with carriers to obtain best pricing and services based on volume of work.
- Dispatches Company truck as need to support pick-ups and deliveries for Purchasing and Sales activities.
- Researches free trade agreements, prepares necessary Customs documentation and takes appropriate steps to assure export screening and restrictions to ensure compliance.
- Experience in the areas of shipping, coordination, negotiation, and communication.
- Results oriented problem solving skills. Time management skills and ability to prioritize requirements.
- Proficiency in software: ERP Systems, MS Office: Word, Excel, and Outlook
- Familiarity with D.O.T. requirements.
- Familiar with Customs Documentation (Commercial Invoices, Certificates of Origin, Shippers Letter of Intent)
- Familiar with the Automated Export System (AES) and licensing AND familiar with Mill Test Reports.
SUBMIT YOUR RESUME TO FLEX TEAM STAFFING: 3990 FULTON DRIVE NW CANTON OH 44718
330-489-9111 – CALL TODAY TO SCHEDULE YOUR INTERVIEW